Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Renée Zellweger Wants To Buy A Gun To Protect Herself

The actress - who stars as children's author Beatrix Potter in new movie 'Miss Potter' - has revealed she finds living alone "scary" and has considered buying a weapon to make her feel safer.


Renée Zellweger is quoted in the Belfast Telegraph newspaper as saying: "People usually mean no harm, but it's scary if there is a car idling outside your house in the middle of the woods at four in the morning. You realise you can't live there any more. It's sad, but that's how it works. It's no big deal. It's just a job hazard.

"I don't want to own a gun, but sometimes I do think about it."

Renée has a series of properties that lie empty because she it too afraid to live in them alone after being bombarded by fan mail from obsessive fans.

The 37-year-old - who had a bodyguard 24 hours a day while filming 'Case 39' in Vancouver, Canada - revealed: "I did buy a house. I have places to live, but I don't live there because I don't have time to get there and because I've had people show up at these houses, so it's not a friendly place for a girl who is single, without a dog, to live.

"It can be pretty scary sometimes when that letter is slipped under your door at your house. And it happens. I get those letters a lot and it's just a little scary."



No comments:

Post a Comment