Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Beckhams Does W Magazine August 2007







Victoria Beckham's Question & Answer:

On wanting to change America’s opinion of her: “I think people are really going to see me for the first time. I think they have this impression that I’m this miserable cow who doesn’t smile. But I’m actually quite the opposite. When you’re out there, they’re trying to get pictures up your shirt, down your top. With all the flashes, it’s as much as you can do to just find your car. I’m going to try and smile more for America.”

On falling for David’s family values rather than his soccer fame: “I didn’t really know who he was. I was never into football… He was always with his mom, dad and sister while a lot of the footballers were at the bar getting drunk. I could sense right from the start that David was a gentleman, and very family-oriented, which is important because I’m the same.”

On buying a 22-million dollar villa in Beverly Hills, California: “I had quite a lot of things to get my head around. What was the nicest area? I was very much like, ‘Okay, the seaside is down there, training is there, school is there, and I think Barneys is over there.’ I kind of did it like that… we didn’t want anything too huge, too fancy, too ostentatious… something quite practical for the kids. It’s a light, happy house, with a great corridor the kids are going to love when they are roller-skating.”

On whether they are moving to America to improve the image of their current projects: “We’re not out to be the most famous people in America. We’re not looking at the move as boosting the brand. We’re us and we’ve got our kids. We’re not aware of a lot of the madness going on around us. We kind of keep to ourselves, really.”

On being a Spice Girl: “Being a Spice Girl opened a lot of doors, but it also shut many because of preconceptions people have about me. I’ve had to bang down those doors.”

On being focused on her career at a young age: “Everything revolved around my dancing and singing lessons. I used to customize my school uniforms. I loved clothes, hair and makeup. I’ve always been a real girly girl.”

On being pulled over by a cop in la for making an illegal turn: “The policeman was gorgeous. And he loved my shoes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment