Wednesday, June 3, 2009

M.I.A Gets Political Again


M.I.A is known almost as much for her insanely catchy music as well as for her political involvement with her native country, Sri Lanka. From garnering worldwide attention to the Sri Lankan civil war to fielding accusations of terrorism, M.I.A isn't shy about sharing her opinions outside of the music industry.

This time, M.I.A has decided to use her power as a musician to aid British candidate Jan Jananayagam in the European Parliament elections. Jananayagam shares M.I.A's beliefs regarding the current struggle taking place in Sri Lanka. According to her myspace, M.I.A has chosen to support Jananayagam by offering a free song to anyone else who chooses to support her as well. The elections take place June 4-7, so we'll soon find out just how much political influence M.I.A has!

No comments:

Post a Comment