Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Anne Hathaway: 'When I was growing up I wanted a nose job'


Actress says she considered a nose job to fit the Hollywood mould

Anne Hathaway has admitted that she came close to having cosmetic surgery when she was younger.

The Princess Diaries actress says she felt she had to look a certain way when she first found fame in her teens.

‘Growing up, there’s a lot of pressure on young women,’ she says. ‘You just want to be cookie-cutter beautiful. And sometimes you think: “Maybe I could change something about myself to fit that mould.”

‘When I was growing up I wanted a nose job.’

Anne, 25, is relieved she never went under the knife as she thinks it would have affected her ability to portray certain roles.

‘Your face needs to have character if you’re going to be an actor,’ she tells the Daily Express.

‘If there’s anything in my power to change myself, I’ll do it. But in terms of radically changing myself for self-esteem or anything, no, I don’t think I’ll ever do that.’

Photo and Source

No comments:

Post a Comment