Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Diaz plans a year off


Cameron Diaz has announced she plans to take a year off after filming the 2009 film "My Sister's Keeper," based on the bestseller by Jodi Picoult.

"I envision a full year off, just living life and having fun. It's the best thing, Diaz told W magazine in their May issue.

She said she plans to use her time off for self-discovery.

"[I'm] just kind of taking more time getting to know myself. It sounds so corny that I can't believe I even just said that, but, you know, there comes a time when you really have to get to know who you are," she said. "I've just been figuring out what interests me and spending time with people who are important to me and being present in my own life."

She also said she plans to become involved with a charity, although she would not reveal specifics.

"I'm not ready to talk about that yet because they're not totally up and running and I don't want to mess them up by talking about them too soon," she said.

During the interview, which was conducted prior to her father's death last week, Diaz professed her current happiness.

"I'm in love with love. I'm in love with life," she said. "This year I just sort of decided, you know, there's a lot of things that I've been wanting to do and I'm going to do them."

No comments:

Post a Comment